Friday, February 4, 2011

Momiji Dolls

Quote for today: Do not go gentle into this good night. Rage rage against the dying of the light. -Dylan Thomas
Holy crap. I am back. It's been so long but I have finally decided to return to blogville. One of the main reasons is because I have finished writing my first novel and am working on my second. I have yet to publish but that is one of my goals. The second reason is because I have become quite crafty lately and I have decided that I should share it all with you. Whoever you might be. Probably no one at all. I don't care.

I LOVE Momiji!! I don't love how much they cost however so for the past few days I have been perfecting ways to make Momiji dolls from scratch. If you don't know what a Momiji doll is then look it up. That's what the internet is for. Google it. I would be nice and add a convenient link here but I am too lazy. Anyway, back to my love of Momiji and everything crafty. I started with a bunch of those bottles of shampoo that you get from hotels. For some reason, hubby has about a billion of these things stashed away under my bathroom sink. This still confuses me. It's as though, in case of a nuclear holocaust, at least we will have clean hair. Fantastic. That's a relief. So I dug them all out and chose the ones that would work the best to make the Momiji bodies. Then I proceeded to dump them all out (there goes all of our clean hair dreams) and cut the tops off with an exacto knife. Perfect little Momiji bodies!! It took me a while to find something suitable to make their heads with but by about 2am I had dug out a Christmas ornament tree. It had all of these shiny baubles hanging from it, similar to mini Christmas ball ornaments and they worked perfectly. You could also use ping pong balls or something similar but I had to improvise which I am relatively good at doing I suppose. Anyhow, after painting on clothes and faces (bright colors are best) and hot gluing all day long, as well as giving a good coat of varnish, we now have a neat little collection of five cute Momiji dollies. We even named them. Happy Happy Happy, Sunshiny Rain Day, Silly Billy, Top Banana Sister Love and Doodle Buggy Mushroom Head. We LOVE our new Momiji dolls!!

I would post a picture but hubby dropped the camera on the floor over Christmas break and it is broken. I will definitely try to post a pic once we get a new camera. I am so lost without it but at least I have a brand new video camera.

Well, I better head to bed. I know, I haven't really updated much but I will definitely do so soon. I will try not to vacate the premises for such a long time again. :) Ciao for now!!

No comments: