Monday, September 3, 2012

What I Have Learned From Being a Mom

I have decided that I can't exactly promise that I will blog all the time but I will be trying to blog more often now that my child is getting older and I have some more time. HA HA. What am I saying, I never have any time however, I will try. Here is a list of what I have learned now that I am a mom. 1. Writing regularly is almost impossible. Trying to regularly update a blog is a pipe dream. haha. 2. How to fake stunningly gorgeous in ten minutes or less. 3. How to go without washing or even brushing my hair. (You think I'm joking). 4. The importance of brushing/flossing above all else in the hygiene department. 5. The importance of adult conversations. 6. How to multi-task and the importance of such. 7. That you can't wear a dress while carrying an infant carseat or any large child's item or even your child for that matter on a windy day. 8. How to adjust a recipe to fit whatever I have on hand at the time. 9. The importance of making large meals to portion out and freeze. 10. How to get out even the toughest chocolate stains. 11. The importance of a hot glue gun. 12. The importance of mending absolutely everything. 13. How to decorate my home on a tight budget. 14. The importance of not cooking everything from scratch. 15. The importance of making some things from scratch. 16. How to DIY practically anything. 17. That no matter how hard you try it's almost impossible to get to bed early. 18. That no matter how hard you try it's almost impossible to sleep late. 19. That it doesn't matter one bit if you are right if it's not right for your child. 20. How to fold underwear, sheets and all other strange pieces of laundry. 21. The absolute necessity of wipes. 22. How to post pone bathroom breaks. 23. That a magic eraser will take anything off of your wall, even the paint. 24. The importance of fruits and vegetables. 25. The necessity of breakfast. 26. How to self tan. 27. How to make hair bows and themed birthday cakes. 28. How to garden, sew, cook and paint. 29. How to carry groceries, a child's backpack, a purse, field trip forms, coats, lunch boxes etc. in one hand so that you can open the door with the other hand. 30. How to manipulate a child to go to the potty even though she doesn't want to, eat food she doesn't like, put on clothing that she refuses to wear and put on shoes that aren't princessy enough. 31. That no one will do it like you do so don't expect them to. 32. How to admit that I am not an expert parent and that I need help. Just the same as if I were sick, I would go to the doctor. 33. How to put off grocery shopping and how to make a healthy meal out of practically nothing. 34. The importance of shopping online as well as thrift stores. 35. The importance of savings.

No comments: