Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Write Whatever Comes to Mind.

Quote for today:

Even a pigeon is smart enough to know to build a nest before it lays eggs.



I have decided to begin each of my posts with a quote that I like. I grew up surrounded by quotes, my mother used to post them all over our house. This one was tacked up beside the bathroom tissue. What was she trying to tell us really? Maybe to make a nest of toilet tissue but I can not be sure. Anyhow, I will probably end up posting poetry and other bits and bobs also but I promise not to get too carried away. I would prefer to keep this less personal and more like a column.

I was going to post this awhile back but I got sidetracked making homemade baby food which is not as simple a process that they make it out to be but I still believe in the benefits and so I am an endless slave to my food processor. Days later and I now have a freezer full of about a billion little ice cubes of brown, brownish brown, yellow, yellowish orange, green, greenish brown. Some of which look exactly the same except for the neat little label. I am now pleased that my baby will not have to feast on the watered down chicken flavored slop that you can buy off the shelf and have probably been sitting there for a few months at least. That is all I have to say about that because I have promised not to make this all about me and my bee bee.

In the News

The Stock Market plummets which is understandably a crisis on a full scale. I know, it sucks, those big wigs on Wall Street losing their money which probably wasn't theirs to begin with. I mean, world hunger and poverty is one thing but this, this is catastrophic. So why don't they just leave us poor joe schmucks with our measly investments out of it? I mean really, I have a few minor investments that I am squirrelling away for a comfortable retirement, my child's education etc. Nothing too fancy. I don't want a quick rich scheme, just squirrelling little by little so why should this involve me anyway? Take the big schmucks big bucks not mine. Alas, it doesn't work in that way. It actually fails to work in any way because in reality I will never retire comfortably and I will shell out more than I ever expected for my child's education. So how do we win? We don't, this is because none of us has the canolis or the moola to take the big risks at the TSX and therefore we don't reap the big rewards. Of course we also don't lose our shirts when the whole bloody empire comes toppling down. So now they say that Canada won't really experience recession the way the rest of the world will and yet our dollar is worth crap, yet again. Should have bought up all of that American green while the getting was good. Crappity crap crap.

Election Day: Whoo hoo! No more Steven Harper!! Boo yeah!! Wait a minute, does that mean I have to vote for one of these other guys? Come on, is this some sort of joke. Crap, our chance to get rid of this guy and we get Celine....oops I mean Stephane Dion who stumbles over the big questions on national television or maybe he just doesn't understand English not that you need to for the PM job, Jack Layton who is on fire in Montreal but that's about it and besides no one really wants NDP anyway, oh and a bunch of crappy little parties like the Green Party who no one really cares about but who run lovely commercials about environmental issues. Christian Heritage Party anyone? Anyone? Alright already, just send me my Steven Harper for PM ballot in the mail and we will get this hyper democratic process over and done with. At least this election race is amusing. It has gotten so petty really. I just love watching the two big fish go at each other over the little pesky details that don't matter in the long run, don't you? It really was quite humorous when CTV explained that the two parties are bringing in high profile reinforcements to try to close the deal with the voters. They then cut to show the liberals bringing in chocolate pastries for everyone. That oughta get the votes. They should have said high calorie reinforcements. Of course Jean Chretien showed up too, probably to remind us all that he can't really speak English either and we still voted him in. (What is with that guy's mouth?) Anyway, all Stevie boy keeps going on about is how he understands the economy even though he has no plan whatsoever in regards to it as well as proliferating over and over that his campaign is only about himself so that is why he is the only reinforcement that he needs. Huh? I will definitely be voting Liberal again anyway, I don't think that a leader ought to be chosen based on the way he talks or the way he looks either. I am so far entrenched in the liberal ideology that there really is no other choice for me. That and Steven Harper is too close to a George Bush think alike. That's creepy. Ok, so go vote already people!!!

Afghanistan - 18 billion dollars???? 97 Canadians dead! What's going on here? We must be at war. Hmm, didn't get that memo. As I said, seems a bit Georgie Porgie to me.

At least gas prices are lower. $108.9/L Phew, finally. Wait a minute, WTF?? Does anyone else notice what is happening here? Anyone? Since when is this a steal of a deal? I know that it is much better than $130.9/L but don't you see what is going on? This is what they do! They keep raising prices and raising prices and then when we are just about to go postal on their asses they lower it and we all celebrate the price that we were so pissed off about in the first place! Which was about a week ago!! This is hideous. I am not even going to think about it but let me tell you this. I remember working at a gas station and people would threaten my life over $35.9/L. So there you have it and I was 18 at the time. This was only a few years ago people!! (I am not going to divulge how many years precisely but it wasn't that long ago!)

1000 unmarked cartons of cigarettes seized at the weigh scales near West Hawk Lake north of Winnipeg. Good job, now all of those bad drug dudes will not receive their weekly supply of nicotine and will probably go on a stressed out, crazy, killing spree. To serve and protect. But seriously, at $12.00 a pack, you have to be a drug dealer to afford to smoke anyway. Me, I'm quit so BWAHAHAHAHA!! That is my stressed out, crazy, killing spree laugh. Just jokes.

Halloween:

I am excited for halloween this year. I get to dress my little dolly princess up. She is dressing as a witch and she has the cutest little black and purple witch dress and hat. She will be the chubbiest little witch ever. Also it gives me an excuse to go trick or treating. But besides that, I haven't really gotten that excited about halloween in a long time. It used to just be another day besides the fact that a bunch of kids showed up at your door to raid your house of sugary loot. Or else no kids show up and you end up with 80 gallons of treats afterward, which inevitably signs you up for Weight Watchers. This year is different because I get to do the Halloween mom thing. I carved a pumpkin and everything. Although she couldn't make hide nor hair of it. It is all quite confusing to a 9 month old, this giant, smiling squash. She did find ways to amuse herself with it though by sticking her chubby little hands in the eyeholes and smearing gooey pumpkin guts all over her shirt. This did not hold her attention for long though. I took some pictures and then I just cut the poor thing up into cubes and stuffed it in my deep freezer. No use having it turn to decay in my house. So it is now going into all of my good intention Thanksgiving pumpkin pies and then I can fully declare that I am a wholesome mom. Of course we all know that this is just a farce because I am really just a supermarket pumpkin pie kind of mom and that neat little graveyard row of pumpkin ziploc baggies in my freezer will probably just go all freezer burnt to be replaced next year at this time.

Well, time to go!! Be well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post.

ginnie said...

Thank you for your comment!