Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I Used to Be Political

Ok, so I promised that I would write more often and I am going to try to keep that promise despite the fact that it is very difficult to find the time. I am going to look at it as a challenge, to write more often, to post witty and important things for all you people to read or for no one to read and that's ok too. I might even include some photographs one day. Wouldn't that be nice? I was thinking about that the other day, how I used to be so witty and political. Now I barely have time to think about what to eat for breakfast never mind what is going on elsewhere in the world. All I get is what people say on Facebook and even that little special piece of social media gets highly neglected for the most part. To all of my facebook pals who, let's face it, I barely know and who I am least likely to comment on their photos of their kids shenanigans and most likely to neglect to post a happy birthday for, such is life. If I spend more of my time on Facebook then I will ultimately spend less time actually living my life, which includes washing my hair and that just won't do. For now I can accept that I don't need to know every last detail. Simply and practically it doesn't matter what is going on with the world right now. I just want to be able to drink tea and sit quietly (sitting quietly is a rare commodity, reserved only for really late nights). I just want to sleep in late and have a twenty minute shower where I can wash, rinse and even repeat if I want to. And it's odd to me because here I am and I don't care one iota what the politicians are doing and in fact, I can't be sure but I might not even know who most of them are. They could all be running parliament into the muck and I wouldn't know a thing about it. Oh the travesty! I am bewildered at how befuddled I have become. I have been defeated and if not by age then I can be sure that it is the work of one very clever preschooler. Of course, it's not really the preschooler who is the challenge. No sir, they are actually quite easily entertained. No it is instead all of the packaging that goes along with them. Oodles and oodles of bits and bobs and it all begins with shoes. Piles of them!! They stack up on the shoe racks, overflow from the organizers, boxes and bags of them everywhere! Inside shoes, outside shoes, church shoes, winter boots, dressy boots, fancy shoes, dancing shoes how many shoes does one kid need??? That is the question indeed! Then there are the hats. There are hats to keep the sun off, then there are hats to keep them warm and you must have a hat otherwise you are neglectful indeed. But there are fancy hats and baseball caps, bucket hats and newsboy caps, all sorts of hats and most to match, not to mention scarves and mittens too and when you are through with the hats it's on to the hair pretties, thousands of bobbles and bows, hairbands and rows of fancy jewel spangled sparkly things. And if that's not enough, consider what it takes just to get them out the door with all of these bits. Potty and hair brushing, hand washing and shoe tying, teeth brushing and sunscreening, and of course make sure they have a lunch and maybe a coat. It's definitely tasking, a run for anyone's money and that's why, it doesn't matter what the president is doing. I don't care. I just have to be sure that my kid is wearing pants. Oh how my priorities have changed. LOL.

No comments: