Sunday, October 12, 2008

Red Raspberry Leaf

Quote for Today: "As I look into the future, chock full of possibilities, I often wonder what it is that we will know better than to do."

Ladies, this is for you. All who suffer with the dreaded monthly curse, I just have to let you in on my new discovery. I, like many others before me, have been dependent on dozens of painkillers for years to get me through that time of the month. I have finally found something that really works for me. Not just to numb the pain but to actually decrease the horror show as well. Red Raspberry Leaf. This comes in tea or tablet form but it must be the leaves, not the fruit. I have been taking this just before as well as during for the past three months and it has worked tremendously. I have cut down enormously on the amount of painkillers that I need and I am able to actually exist and accomplish my daily routine. I should have known about this years ago but it is an herbal remedy and therefore not FDA approved which means that no one tells you about it, there is no recommended dosage nor does anyone tell you what else it can be used for. Grateful for the age of the internet, I studied up on it a bit and it seems that it also works miracles for child birth (not that I am ever doing that again, thank you very much) as well as many other conditions. No major research or published findings can be located about this besides the recreational tests done by midwives and doulas and much of this information is conveniently undocumented. That just goes to show really, a remedy for a woman's troubles is out there and available for you to use right now and yet no one, not even your doctor, will tell you about it. I believe this is a ploy by the drug companies to ensure that you continue to use and buy their drugs instead of finding a natural cure that, in fact, you can grow for yourself in your own backyard. My doula was the one who told me to take it in the first place but I neglected to heed her advice, moronically, to my own disadvantage and hardship. This major discovery on my part leaves me to wonder. What else, besides herbal remedies, are they simply not telling us about?

"I wish I knew all that I know now and still had those thighs." The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.

No comments: